[nsp] Frame-Relay Traffic Shaping

Voralt peder at voralt.net
Fri May 16 15:56:39 EDT 2003

I have a couple of Frame-Relay Traffic Shaping questions that I can't find
answers to and I was hoping someone might be able to enlighten me.

1.  Does enabling "frame-relay traffic-shaping" under the interface actually
do anything if I don't define a map-class?  If so, what does it do?  For
example:

int s 0
no ip addr
frame-relay traffic-shaping

int s 0.1
ip addr 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.252
frame-relay interface-dlci 100

2.  If I enable traffic-shaping and then define a class under the
sub-interface that uses fragmentation, do I have to fragment the same on the
other end of the link?  In other words, can it be uni-directional
fragmentation?  There isn't a reason that I want to do this, I merely want
to know if it has to be enabled on both ends at the same time.  I've done
some testing that seems to indicate that it does, but I want to know if
anybody knows for sure.

Peder