[nsp] PRI Trunk Group

Eric Richard Knudson III eric.knudson at sbcglobal.net
Fri May 30 21:08:26 EDT 2003

Andy,

This what you looking for?

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios121/121newft
/121t/121t3/dtpri_ni.htm#70366

"Trunk Group Resource Manager

The Trunk Group Resource Manager (TGRM) supports the logical grouping,
configuration, and joint management of one or more PRI interfaces. The
TGRM is used to store configuration information and to accept or select
an interface from a trunk group when requested. A trunk group is
provisioned as the target of a dial peer, and the TGRM transparently
selects the specific PRI interface and channels to use for incoming or
outgoing calls. Trunks are selected based on usage: The trunk that is
least used is selected.

Using trunk groups simplifies the task of configuring dial peers and PRI
interfaces, and also enables the dynamic selection of PRI interfaces as
needed in the access server.

A trunk group can include any number of PRI interfaces, but all the
interfaces in a trunk group must use the same type of signaling. "

Eric