[nsp] Connecting a 7200 to a 2600

Ejay Hire ejay.hire at isdn.net
Wed Nov 5 18:26:26 EST 2003

Hi.

No.  The "converter" from Db-15 to RJ48C is a CSU/DSU.  The good news is
they are pretty cheap on Ebay.  You'll also need to make an E1 crossover
cable.  If these are the same as T1 cables (what we use on the other
side of the pond), then you'll need a Rj-45 cable with Pin 1 connected
to pin 4 and pin 2 connected to pin 5.*

* One end of the cable is
w/orange, orange, w/green, blue,     w/blue, green, w/brown , brown.
The other end is
w/blue,   blue,   w/green, w/orange, orange, green, w/brown , brown.

The way I remember it is it is a B-style cat 5 cable with the Blue and
orange pairs reversed on one end.

Good Luck.
Ejay Hire