[nsp] 802.1q from Cisco switch to Dell 1655MC Blade switch

Jack.W.Parks at alltel.com Jack.W.Parks at alltel.com
Fri Nov 7 09:00:50 EST 2003

Don't know if the Dell Switch supports untagged VLANs but your native
vlan on the 2948G on the trunk to the Dell switch is untagged.  This is
usually VLAN 1.  If the Dell switch is configured to recognized that
VLAN 1 is untagged on the dot1q trunk then you should be ok.  In certain
versions of Cisco code you may tag the native VLAN to help with
interoperability between vendors.

On IOS based switches: Router(config)# vlan dot1q tag native
On Set command switches: set dot1q-all-tagged enable

Jack