[nsp] ip verify unicast reverse-path confirmation?

Jahowering at aol.com Jahowering at aol.com
Fri Nov 7 18:13:33 EST 2003

Try:
router#sho ip traffic
IP statistics:
  Rcvd:  3043080 total, 3043080 local destination
         0 format errors, 0 checksum errors, 0 bad hop count
 …
 Frags: 0 reassembled, 0 timeouts, 0 couldn't reassemble
         0 fragmented, 0 couldn't fragment
…
  Drop:  17 encapsulation failed, 0 unresolved, 0 no  adjacency
         0 no route, 0 unicast RPF, 0 forced drop
On Thu, Nov 06, 2003 at 02:27:04PM -0500, Streiner, Justin wrote:
> On Thu, 6 Nov 2003, Bob Snyder wrote:
>
> > Is there any command to see the effects of the "ip verify unicast
> > reverse-path" command? Packet drop counters, etc?
>
> You can do a "sho ip int <interface>" and it will show you the number of
> packets that were dropped due to RPF checks.  I don't think there is an
> equivalent that's accessible via SNMP.  I looked for one a few weeks ago
> and didn't find anything.

    fyi (yes, offtopic) the juniper rpf mib/oid is

.1.3.6.1.4.1.2636.3.17       = rpf mib (ifindex)

    i always hate translating this stuff, so if i just saved you
some time, you're welcome :)

    - jared

Jared Mauch  | pgp key available via finger from jared at puck.nether.net