[nsp] Bad Bearercap: AS5300 to DEX-600E ISDN

Burns, Keith Keith_Burns at icgcomm.com
Fri Nov 7 16:53:15 EST 2003

The problem "more than likely" is that you are sending out the Calling
Party# parameter list with the Type and Plan set to unknown/unknown instead
of ISDN and National.... and by YOU I mean.. the Cisco 5300/5400.

Some mobile carriers handle this, some don't (hence the apparent weirdness).

We found on our 5400, we had to use voice translation rules to set these (we
also have other outstanding Cisco issues to do with privacy on the same
deal... more on that later).

Here is a sample config:

! This bit sets those params to National and ISDN
!
voice translation-rule 50
 rule 1 // // type any national plan any isdn
!
! Now we create the equivalent of a "voice" route-map
!
voice translation-profile CPN_RDN
 translate calling 50
 translate redirect-called 50
!
! Now we apply the sucker to a dial-peer
!
dial-peer voice 12960 pots
 description To Support Trunk Group 1296/1297
 translation-profile outgoing CPN_RDN
etc etc

Best of luck, and I hope this helps... if anything it MIGHT give you lead
with which to talk to the TAC... they weren't much help with us, but our 5E
dudes were instrumental in explaining to the TAC how Q.931 works in the
voice world.

Cheers
Keith

Keith Burns
Principal Network Architect
ICG Telecommunications
IP Ph: 303-414-5385
Cell:   303-912-3777

"The dogs may bark, but the caravan rolls on...."