[nsp] CEF problem on 6509 (native)

Sorin CONSTANTINESCU adonay at dumnez.eu.org
Tue Nov 11 05:35:36 EST 2003

Hi,

One of our Cat6500 routers' CEF is acting strangely. The router wouldn't
forward traffic towards x.y.z.25, but it would for x.y.z.26. CEF has an
entry for x.y.z/24 (known by the router from BGP).

If i put an ACL on a VLAN (in) with permit for x.y.z.25, traffic coming
via that vlan will be routed, but only the traffic coming via that vlan.

The temporary solution was to have a route for x.y.z.25.

The 6509 has msfc2/sup2, and runs Version 12.1(19)E (native). I looked for
CEF bugs using cisco's bugtool, but none match my case.

Does anybody have a clue on how to solve this problem?

Regards,

--
Sorin CONSTANTINESCU
adonay at dumnez.eu.org