[nsp] Aironet 1200/12.2(13)JA: IP address only configurable for BVI1?

Matti Saarinen mjs at cc.tut.fi
Fri Nov 14 06:52:36 EST 2003

I upgraded one Aironet 1200 access point to IOS 12.(13)JA. After the
upgrade, I found out that the new software didn't accept the command
"bridge <number> route ip" unless the bridge group is 1. With earlier
software versions, I was able to create a separate adminitration fe
subinterface that would be bound to specific Vlan and it would belong
to a specific bridge group the number of which would be other than
one. Has anyone else noticed this?

I can get around the problem by configuring the 802.1Q tag of the
admin fe subinterface as native. It seem that the bridge group 1 is
allowed to be bound to the native Vlan of the 802.1Q trunk but not to
any other Vlan. The problem with this workaround is that I have to use
different native Vlans on switch ports to which the APs are connected.

Cheers,

--
- Matti -