[nsp] OSPF & Encryption

Luan Nguyen lmnguyen at cox.net
Tue Nov 18 12:01:07 EST 2003

You could try external encryption boxes :)
Pure IPSEC can't do routing protocol like eigrp/ospf.  It could do static via access-list or BGP though.  Best solution would be running GRE and then use ipsec transport mode over it - add on like 60 bytes for header.  I ran eigrp/opsf over gre/ipsec just fine.  Just need to watchout for the MTU stuffs and the right ios too.

-luan