[nsp] Stupid QoS Tricks

Luan Nguyen lmnguyen at cox.net
Tue Nov 18 11:53:03 EST 2003

>From reading CCO and looking on the router:
Router(config-pmap-c)#shape average ?
  <8000-154400000>  Target Bit Rate (bits per second), the value needs to be
                    multiple of 8000
  percent           % of interface bandwidth for Committed information rate

I think whatever you define for 4megabit class-map will be policed with the cir 4000000 statement, but the ip prec 5 will use all the interface bandwidth.

-luan

Router#show policy-map interface
 FastEthernet0/0

  Service-policy output: voice_traffic_w4megabit_data

    Class-map: ipprec5 (match-any)
      0 packets, 0 bytes
      5 minute offered rate 0 bps, drop rate 0 bps
      Match: ip precedence 5
        0 packets, 0 bytes
        5 minute rate 0 bps
      Traffic Shaping
           Target/Average   Byte   Sustain   Excess    Interval  Increment
             Rate           Limit  bits/int  bits/int  (ms)      (bytes)
              100 (%)                0 (ms)      0 (ms)
        100000000/100000000 625000 2500000   2500000   25        312500

        Adapt  Queue     Packets   Bytes     Packets   Bytes     Shaping
        Active Depth                         Delayed   Delayed   Active
        -      0         0         0         0         0         no

    Class-map: 4megabit (match-all)
      0 packets, 0 bytes
      5 minute offered rate 0 bps, drop rate 0 bps
      Match: protocol http
      police:
          cir 4000000 bps, bc 6000000 bytes
        conformed 0 packets, 0 bytes; actions:
          transmit
        exceeded 0 packets, 0 bytes; actions:
          drop
        conformed 0 bps, exceed 0 bps

    Class-map: class-default (match-any)
      214 packets, 21427 bytes
      5 minute offered rate 0 bps, drop rate 0 bps
      Match: any