[nsp] Virtual-link in OSPF

atticus at satanic.org atticus at satanic.org
Tue Nov 18 13:33:05 EST 2003

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003, Roberto Paoletti wrote:

> I'd like to have the same networks in two differents sites,but this
> configuration doesn't work well,because i can't make ping the other
> interface of the same network.

Your diagram was munged pretty bad, but it would appear that a virtual
link isn't at all what you need. Its only for making an ABR out of a
router that has no area 0 links, short of the changes in routing topology,
it doesn't create any actual network links.

If you can't provision a serial/ether link between the two networks to do
bridged interfaces, you'll probably need to check out DSLW (on the off
chance you've got a MPLS infrastructure in place, could also do AToM).
Technologies link on CCO should lead you to appropriate info...