[nsp] E1 channel group timeslot error: %Insufficient resources to create channel group

Streiner, Justin streiner at stargate.net
Wed Oct 1 09:40:55 EDT 2003

On Wed, 1 Oct 2003 rbosire at uunet.co.ke wrote:

> Anyone knows what will be causing  these error while creating a channel group
> on 7206 vxr  [ npe-400] with  12.0(24)S2 ( service provider)

I'm guessing you're using a PA-MC-8E1?

According to a data sheet on that card, it supports up to 128 usable Nx64k
channels per card.  If you're doing lots of subrate circuits, such as 64k
circuits into a channelized E1, it's possible to hit that limit before the
card is fully populated.

I don't have experience with the E1 cards specifically, and I don't know
if that data sheet is still valid, but I suspect it is.

jms