[nsp] 7600 and sup720 vs. rsp720?

Alexandre Snarskii snar at paranoia.ru
Fri Oct 3 05:25:27 EDT 2003

On Wed, Oct 01, 2003 at 06:09:00PM +0200, sthaug at nethelp.no wrote:
> > > See below for an example. We're running 12.1(13)E9, and will probably
> > > upgrade to 12.1(20)E when that becomes available (we need a particular
> > > bug fix for per destination load balancing which is scheduled for
> > > 12.1(20)E).
> >
> > i'm going to deploy several with flexwan + enhanced gigeth osm modules
> >

> > do you do mpls p or also pe on them?
>
> PE. I believe you *can* use them for P only, but we don't.
>
> With the Sup2/PFC2/MSFC2 (which we're using now) you need an external
> fiber patch from a GE-WAN port to a regular GigE port if you want to
> use the box for Ethernet aggregation *and* put some of the VLANs into
> VRFs. Clumsy but works. Should be much nicer when the Sup720/RSP720
> is available with MPLS functionality and stable.

Any ideas on date when mpls will be supported on Sup720 without GE-WAN
or other OSM's ?
At the time we're planning to upgrade our msfc2-based catalysts
in order to get MPLS PE functionality (now we just transit vlan's
to core routers), and want to know - should we get Sup720 or GE-WAN's
as per your scenario...