[nsp] Policy routing next-hop

Raymond, Steven steven_raymond at eli.net
Fri Oct 3 19:44:03 EDT 2003

I was just reviewing the same topic recently.  Success seems to hinge upon
your switching method.  If you are not running CEF, it appears you have to
have the command "ip route-cache policy" on the interface:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios120/12cgcr/qos_c
/qcpart1/qcpolicy.htm#5751

Also, how were you testing that it worked or not?  It seems that traffic
originating from the router is not PBRed unless you use this command: "ip
local policy route-map map-tag".

May be obvious, but "next-hop" is supposed to be directly-connected.

Dunno, hope this helps.  Haven't gotten this working myself but maybe these
thoughts can give you some ideas.