[nsp] user authentication

Ralph Doncaster ralph at istop.com
Wed Oct 8 10:11:16 EDT 2003

I have some local accounts on my routers that I use for maintenance
purposes.  One of the accounts is a staff account.  I'd like to avoid
having to change the router config every time an employee with access to
the account leaves and I change the staff password.

I'd like to be able to specify that a specific username should use RADIUS
auth. i.e.
username staff authentication radius
however I haven't been able to figure out an easy way to do this.  The
only idea I've come up with so far is to add radius to login
authentication, and try to setup the radius server to deny login auth for
all but the staff acount (and still allow ppp auth for all the radius
accounts).

Is there an easier way to do this?

Ralph Doncaster, IStop.com president
6042147 Canada Inc.