[nsp] Frame Relay PVC/T1 interface autoconfiguration

Miquel van Smoorenburg miquels at cistron.net
Thu Oct 9 05:52:59 EDT 2003

On 2003.10.08 20:41, Dennis Peng wrote:
> Matthew Crocker [matthew at crocker.com] wrote:
> > Is there a way on my Cisco 7513s (IOS 12.0.x) to auto create interfaces
> > for Frame Relay PVCs and Serial T1s by hitting a RADIUS server?  I know
> > I can do it on my Redback SMS but I don't know how to do it on the
> > CIsco.  It would be nice, for example to have the cisco do a RADIUS
> > call once per day for each PVC it sees on its frame connections.  The
> > RADIUS information would contain IP, route and ACL information.   It
> > would be really nice if the router could also pull down the ACL if
> > unknown.  I am trying to get all of our provisioning data into LDAP for
> > billing and this is one of the only things remaining.
> >

> We currently don't support any functionality like this for frame-relay
> interfaces.

It would be incredibly useful though for ATM PVCs for xDSL connections.
All our DSL customers have an RFC1483 bridged encapsuled ATM PVC, and
we have to configure them by hand (thousands of 'em) because each subinterface
can have a different UBR rate or ACL attached to it.

Auto-configuring a (ATM/frame) circuit via radius as soon as it comes
up like redback allows you to do would make our provisioning system
much much simpler.

Mike.