[nsp] uRPF on 3550 switches

jlewis at lewis.org jlewis at lewis.org
Mon Oct 13 09:38:28 EDT 2003

I've recently been told and verified that though our 3550 switches accept
"ip verify unicast reverse-path" or "ip verify unicast source
reachable-via <any|rx>" on ports in "no switchport" mode, the commands
don't seem to actually do anything.  i.e. Spoofed traffic from the
device on that port is still passed.

I can't find an open bugid in bug toolkit or even any mention of this
command on this platform.  Is this problem known and being worked on, or
was the command accidentally left in the CLI with no intention of
supporting the feature?  I've most recently tested this with 12.1(13)EA1c,