[nsp] PA-T3+ in DCE mode supplying clock for PTP???

Robert E. Seastrom rs at seastrom.com
Mon Oct 27 18:54:40 EST 2003

"Scott Morris" <swm at emanon.com> writes:

> There is just interface serial 2/0 and 2/1 (two port card).  I can set
> cable length short, I can set clock source internal, I can set bandwidth
> and dsu bandwidth.  However, there is nothing that says that it is going
> to be the master.

Setting "clock source internal" makes it the master.  The default is
clock recovery from the network.  In a dry coax configuration, one
side should supply the clock, with the other as a slave.

> That side is in a co-lo, so it is less than 100 feet (about 50).  I'll
> ask 'em about an attenuator.

I know nothing about these guys except that they seem to have a
sponsored link for "attenuators" on Google:

http://www.smelectronics.us/bnc,fattenuators.htm

Make sure to get the 75 ohm flavor (their p/n is 9033-XX/75).  I'd
give 6 or 10 dB a shot as a first try if the cable is that short.

                                        ---Rob