[nsp] IOS 12.2(18)S1 and receive-only serial interfaces

Volodymyr Yakovenko vovik at dumpty.org
Thu Oct 30 07:51:03 EST 2003

On Thu, Oct 30, 2003 at 02:15:07PM +0200, Oleksandr Pantus wrote:
>Hello !
>
>7513 IOS 12.2(18)S1, RSP4+
>
>We receive a couple of satellite links on this router. After migration
>from 12.2(14)S to 12.2(18)S router's log shows the following:

[..skipped..]

Try to disable all possible sources of output packets generation (like cdp)
on receive-only physical _and_ logical interfaces.

If mentioned above still does not help - you may try to redirect outgoing
traffic by

  transmit-interface      Assign a transmit interface to a receive-only
                          interface

>All mentioned interfaces are receive-only. Router works fine, no other
>problems are spotted. But I'm a little worrying about so much
>%RSP-3-RESTART's in log. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

During RSP-RESTART you should also experience short packet loses.

And last, but not the least - do not try using Null interface in
transmit-interface, it may cause RSP crash.

--
Regards,
Volodymyr.