[nsp] forensics.log

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Tue Sep 2 18:52:44 EDT 2003

On Tue, Sep 02, 2003 at 10:50:38PM +0100, Russell Heilling wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 02, 2003 at 05:21:47PM -0400, Jared Mauch wrote:
> >
> > 	has anyone out there upgraded to 12.2(18)S on 7200
> > platform at all?  I have an ATA disk in disk0:, and the forensics.log
> > file keeps getting updated which is causing rancid diffs quite
> > frequently ...
> >
> > 	was wondering if anyone else was seeing such problems/issues?
> >
> > 	or if you knew of a way to turn it off.
> >
> > 	thanks,
> >
> > 	- jared
>
> According to:
>
> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1838/products_feature_guide09186a00801afa4f.html
>
> (requires CCO login, mind the wrap...)
>
> You should be able to enter "no audit" in global config mode to turn
> config audits off...

	Too bad it doesn't work.

rtr1.anar.mi#conf t
Enter configuration commands, one per line.  End with CNTL/Z.
rtr1.anar.mi(config)#no audit
% Incomplete command.

	I opened tac case E455978 about it.

> Alternatively, you may want to bring this up over on the rancid-users
> list, and you'll probably get some suggestions on how to ignore those
> particular changes...

	i'm just going to make cisco give me a workaround that
does not involve reducing the feature set on my router.

	- Jared

Jared Mauch  | pgp key available via finger from jared at puck.nether.net