[nsp] EtherChannel and a CAT 2924Xl

Rick G eklists at crtservices.net
Wed Sep 3 16:41:00 EDT 2003

> Rick,
>
> Yes you are correct .. The later is what we want to do .. We want 200megs
> via two Fast Ether to go to one CAT switch .. We have two CAT's
> and as four
> Fast Ethernet ports .. Thus two to each and VLANS that will only live on
> each CAT separate from each CAT .. No VLANS need to make it across to the
> other CAT .. This should be doable right?

Sorry, but it sounds like you have a single 7206 with 2 ports and you want
to connect that to 4 ports (2 switch 2 ports on each) ?   Or are you going
to have 2 7200 Fast Etherchannel groups on the 7200 ?  You still need a 1-1
ratio for cables to plug in to each port.

We tried so many variations I don't recall which ones work and which ones
didn't. It was the ISL that caused problems.  If you are just trying to have
200mb between the router and switches it will work (Etherchannel on the
7200, port-group on the 2900)

Regards