[nsp] Nachi WORM & ICMP floods of ICMP packets ..

Brian R. Watters brwatters at abs-internet.com
Wed Sep 3 17:40:46 EDT 2003

Hello All,

What is everyone out there doing for the affects of the Nachi WORM?? .. We
have many many clients that are infected as well as of course getting HIT
from the world with these floods of ICMP pings .. Attempting to drop these
packets via a policy route map kills the CPU on the router (7206VXF NPE-300
with full Memory) and of course using a ACL to drip ICMP kills our ability
to PING as well as our many clients who have IT staff OFFNET to look into
there networks via PING .. It also kills our internal monitors of our
clients .. Anyone have any ideas? .. We can't be the only folks getting this
..

Brian