[nsp] Cisco ONS 15454 CTC 3.4 provisioning problem with T1s

Tom tom at ispstuff.com
Wed Sep 10 20:29:31 EDT 2003

Any experience putting T1s on one of these?  We have an OC3 coming from our
ILEC.  STS-1 is supposed to be T1s (on a DS3).  STS-2 is a DS3 which is up
and working fine.

I have installed two DS1-14 cards for the 28 T1s.  They are wired into an
ADC 28 pos RJ28X panel.  I am creating circuits from OC3 STS-1 to DS1
ports.  I am getting a critical error on the OC3 whenever I do that.  It
reads "Payload Label Mismatch - Path".  When I delete the T1 circuits, the
critical alarm goes away.  I have also had the telco put a T1 into
loopback.  When plugged into a T1 port on my 7206vxr, no circuit is seen.

Am I missing something here?  Do I need a mux card (15454-DS3xm-6) to
accomplish what I am trying?

Many thanks,

Tom