[nsp] Adding and Removing Static Routes with SNMP

John Edwards isplist at adam.com.au
Fri Sep 12 16:53:01 EDT 2003

Is it possible?

I found that ip.ipRouteTable.ipRouteEntry.ipRouteType will remove a
static route when set to invalid(2), although if it's in the
running-config it comes back a short time later.

Using snmpset to try and add a route doesn't work for me either, when
following instructions for generic RFC 1213 route additions.

Does anyone have any examples on how this is done, or a better
suggestion? All I want to do is null route /32's from an external
program, and I was hoping to avoid using an expect script or tftp tricks.

John Edwards