[nsp] OLDD. VIP2-20 support

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Fri Sep 19 15:25:01 EDT 2003

On Fri, Sep 19, 2003 at 08:36:50AM -0700, Raymond, Steven wrote:
> Don't forget that VIP2-20s (and VIP2-15s, maybe others) are the same card as
> a VIP2-40 but with less memory.  AFAIK, VIP2-40s are fully supported on the
> current S train.  So if you can find the memory to upgrade the VIP2-20 to
> 64MB (the max DRAM I believe they can handle), the viola, you now own a
> VIP2-40.  64MB may not do full BGP routes for dCEF, either.  I am not sure
> if the packet memory is upgradable like on the VIP2-50s.  And I don't know
> about v6 features- sorry.

	This isn't a recommendation, other than they have clear
max memory for the cisco platforms..

	Check out www.memoryx.net

	this is the link you need for the vip2:

http://store.yahoo.com/memx/vip220.html

also:

http://store.yahoo.com/memx/pc6-1046.html

	I have had good success with memoryx as a dram vendor for
non-cisco platforms, and for recommending them as a place for easy
to read and find specs of cisco hardware ...

	- Jared