[nsp] 3550 CPU OVERLOAD 80%

Stephen J. Wilcox steve at telecomplete.co.uk
Sat Sep 27 04:35:18 EDT 2003

Those percentages arent all that high, were they the highest then? (I usually do
sh proc cpu | e 0.00 do get a quick list of all proceses with interesting cpu)

The switches tend to overload when they're doing things other than forwarding
traffic, in particular see if you can spot any unusual bursts of link local
packets on any interface, very often you will find this is as a result of arp or
spanning tree (watch the multicast/broadcast counters, they shouldnt be going up
all that quickly normally)

Steve