[nsp] FW: Why does'nt this config work?

Jay Ford jay-ford at uiowa.edu
Tue Sep 30 09:51:00 EDT 2003

On Tue, 30 Sep 2003, Damien Holloway wrote:
> Question that's bending my brain...
> I have applied the following config

> router bgp xxxx
> neighbor x.x.x.x remote-as xxxx   		! iBGP peer
>  neighbor x.x.x.x default-originate
>  neighbor x.x.x.x route-map OUT out		! Set LocalPref to 110
> !
> access-list 2 permit 0.0.0.0
> !
> route-map OUT permit 5
>  match ip address 2
>  set local-preference 110
>
> However the neighbor is not seeing the local pref being set, what have I
> missed?

I do this by specifying the route-map on the default-originate line.  I also
make the origination conditional on the existence of a real prefix:

  router bgp aaaa
   neighbor x.x.x.x remote-as aaaa
   neighbor x.x.x.x default-originate route-map default-out
  !
  ip prefix-list default-basis description routes on which to base floating default
  ip prefix-list default-basis seq 20 permit c.d.0.0/16
  !
  route-map default-out permit 10
   match ip address prefix-list default-basis
   set local-preference 110