[nsp] Why couldn't cflowd collect netflow data from 6509?

Andrew Fort afort at choqolat.org
Thu Apr 1 03:27:46 EST 2004

Sam Munzani wrote:

>When we had it set to ver 8, I didn't collect any data. When switched to ver
>7 it worked fine. My receiver is Cisco NFC.
>
>Sam

One thing to note:
If you're using Sup2/Sup3, you're not going to be seeing flows that are
punted to the MSFC in the version 7 exports.  With Sup2/Sup3 this is
likely to be very few flows (hopefully), but with a Sup1 or 1A you'll
miss a bunch of flowdata, so be careful there.

You used to have to collect both version 1,5,6 flows from the MSFC, and
version 7 flows from the SP/PFC.  I think after around
12.1(13something)E this changed so that the PFC sent stuff up to the
MSFC for export in version 5 flows, combining things and making your
life easier..

In any event, with newer software on either Sup1/2/3, you can set it to
ver 5 and your collector should be able to deal.

Note that v8 is aggregated flow information and as you indicate, it
makes no sense in the context of a receiver expecting non aggregated
data. Whereas v1, v5, v6, v7 are similar (ish) in that they are
non-aggregated flow information.

-afort