[nsp] GSR problem...please help !! really stuck on this one.

Aleksey V Fedorov alexf at vsi.ru
Thu Apr 1 04:40:25 EST 2004

On Fri, 3 Oct 2003, lexus wrote:

> Goal:  trying to load 12.0.27S1 to a 12008/40.
>
> When loaded with 12.0.26S1, which is the next release prior to 12.0.27,
> it works fine.  However, when loaded with 12.0.27S1, it complains about
> the ROM fab down rev.
>
> But, I have upgraded all under/when booted with 12.0.26S1.
>
> When 12.0.27S1 is loaded, I no longer able to see the 2 gige interfaces.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios120/relnote/xprn120s/120snewf.htm#wp2184035

Important Notes for Cisco IOS Release 12.0(27)S
This section describes important issues that you should be aware of for
Cisco IOS Release 12.0(27)S.

Required Memory for Cisco 12000 Series Line Cards
Line cards with less than 128 MB of memory will not be able to complete
the boot process when attempting to upgrade to Cisco IOS Release
12.0(27)S. If a memory upgrade is required, 256 MB is the next recommended
configuration, with 128 MB as the minimum configuration requirement.

--
Aleksey V. Fedorov <alexf at vsi.ru>  AVF12-RIPE
Phone: +7 (0732) 531789