[nsp] Switch Fraud

Martin Robinson Martin at networkhardware.com
Thu Apr 1 06:58:34 EST 2004

Hello All,

There are an awful lot of conterfiet Cisco products on the market coming out of china, if you have smartnet or access to CCO, it is always worth running the serial number on the cisco site. It is an issue we face every day as a dealer. Below is the show ver, the system serial number should be the same as printed on the chassis, if not then it is a fake.

This problem doesn't limit it self to the midrange/ desktop switches. We are also seeing fake PA and NM cards and fake low end routers. We actually had fake PA-2FE-TX, arrive the other day, it was made up from a fake mother board grafted onto a shell of PA-4E. We have now publically black listed that dealer.

Base ethernet MAC Address: 00:0A:F4:9C:7A:80
Motherboard assembly number: 73-5526-06
Power supply part number: 34-0967-01
Motherboard serial number: CAT063709K6
Power supply serial number: DCA06341H6Y