[nsp] Cisco 3750

Mike Sawicki fifi at HAX.ORG
Thu Apr 1 15:46:16 EST 2004

On Thu, Apr 01, 2004 at 10:05:15AM -0600, Beprojects.com wrote:
> Does anybody have any experience with the 3750 series switches?  If so, what
> do you think of them?  Any limitations as far as # of VLAN's or trunking or
> etherchannel or anything like that?  What about performance?  Thanks in
> advance.

They certainly perform better than any other desktop switch from Cisco
that we've purchased.  We've got a stack of 2 powering the border at
one of our hosting sites.  The stackwise functionality allows for
real stacking, vs. the cluster management and other faux setups
they've used in the past.  You can even upgrade the software without
taking the whole cluster out of service.  I was able to figure this
out on my own, without the help of a TAC document.

People who have a hard on for performance may consider this product
shit, but it has served us well for about 4 months now.  I'm sure
you can find much faster Gig over copper switches from other
manufacturers.  If you have a predominantly cisco shop, I'd
recommend them.

Mike Sawicki
fifi at HAX.ORG