[nsp] xmodem transfer fails with "No ACK on EOT"

Sam Stickland sam_ml at spacething.org
Mon Apr 5 07:26:59 EDT 2004

Following up to the questions I had:

I've tried various transfer modes, including xmodem -cxy (checksum, y-modem,
and no-execute). Everytime minicom eventually reports "No ACK on EOT". The
does nothing until I press any key and then it responds 'command "......."
not found'

Nothing gets written to the flash. 'dir flash:' only reports the old image
(marked as deleted).

I've also tried uploading small (~7k) non executable files to the flash.
Again nothing gets written to flash, but this time the router complains
about the file not being executable (dispite the no-execute 'x' option being
given - are no valid IOS files/images allowed to be uploaded?), and minicom
complains "modem sectors/kbytes sent:   0/ 0kRetry 0: NAK on sector" a few
times.

Does anyone have any ideas what I should try next - I don't have any windows
machines immediately to hand to try hyperterminal with. Can anyone recommend
any other xmodem programs for Linux that aren't based around lrzs?

Sam