[nsp] xmodem transfer fails with "No ACK on EOT"

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Mon Apr 5 16:14:35 EDT 2004

Hi,

On Sat, Apr 03, 2004 at 11:49:24PM +0100, Sam Stickland wrote:
> Has anyone got any idea why an xmodem transfer of an IOS image would
> progress all the way to the end and then say "No ACK on EOT". This is using
> minicom with lrzs 0.12.20 onto a Cisco 3640 in rommon mode.

Without knowing details, I'd assume that it's a different interpretation
of the xmodem "standard".

Later versions of xmodems require that the final packet is ACKed twice,
to cope for potentially garbled bytes that are mistaken for an EOT ("end
of transmission") packet.  Earlier versions send only one ACK, and then
the receiver exits.

If that theory is true :-) your xmodem upload will actually work, even
if minicom complains about it.

gert

--
Gert Doering