[nsp] 7206vxr/NPE300 to NPE-G1

Marko Milivojevic markom at pangalactic.net
Tue Apr 6 04:45:44 EDT 2004

> What problems (in which platform) did you see in 12.3.3?  I've got 12.3.3a
> on a 7206 doing a little PPPoE DSL agg that's been stable for months, but
> handles very little traffic.  We briefly ran it on a much busier router
> today, and appeared to have PPPoE/Auth issues and went back to the 12.1T
> version it had been running.

    We have a mix of 7204 and 7206 routers with different processors (225,
300, 400 and G1's). They were all experiencing all sorts of problems,
including unexpected crashes and interfaces that stop forwarding packets (G1
seemed to be champion in this). Upgrading software away from 12.3.3 have
resolved the problem.

Marko.