[nsp] ospf default routes and bgp injection

Mark Tinka mtinka at africaonline.co.sz
Wed Apr 7 08:18:31 EDT 2004

Nick Kraal wrote:
> Mark,

Hi Nick.

> The arguments presented are definitely valid. Scalability and
> convergence on top of the list. But some folks like to see
> documents/white papers from the vendors to be convinced. Well thanks
> you all for the input.

Well, unoficially, I am going to claim that I haven't yet seen a document on
www.cisco.com that recommends this scenario (perhaps it's now there since
the last time I checked).

Officially, I will claim that one of Cisco's brightest engineers and key
personnel *highly* recommended the scenarion at a recent NOG in East Africa,
and he thinks it will scale best. Coming from him, I'd assume Cisco's
position is generally in sync :).

Sorry for the vagueness.