[nsp] ospf default routes and bgp injection

Lim Fung limfung at cisco.com
Wed Apr 7 10:58:28 EDT 2004

Mark Tinka wrote:

> As Nick mentioned, using OSPF to carry your infrastructure networks
> (Loopback interface IP's mostly) and using iBGP to carry your internal and
> customer prefixes is quite a scalable approach.
>
> Nick (sorry to post this in Oliver's thread), you're right. I don't think I
> have seen a supporting document anywhere yet (there could be, though), but
> this is something that has been presented and agreed on multiple operators
> forums and seminars that I've been a part of.

Have a look at the ISP Workshop materials at:

ftp://ftp-eng.cisco.com/cons/workshops/isp-workshop/StudentCD-Rev-E/Design_Presentations/

If I'm not wrong various variations of the materials have been presented in
NANOG, APRICOT, etc.

Specifically, ISP Network Design, slides 62 onwards.

regards,
Lim Fung