[nsp] DSL Architecture Question

james at thehamptonfamily.us james at thehamptonfamily.us
Fri Apr 9 10:25:15 EDT 2004

> what's expensive about the atm that isn't expensive about the router's
> ds3? are you talking buying DS3 vice OC3?

Backhauling the ATM-DS3 from the DSLAM in a Verision CO to our NOC in SBC
land would be several thousand dollars per month. Instead the idea is to
use a mid-grade router (36xx or whatever)along side the DSLAM to terminate
the ATM. We would then have the flexability of using bundled T1's or DS3
as customed load increases and running them over a short loop to a local
provider.