[nsp] NPE-G1 Processor

Konstantin Barinov sbr at infonet.ee
Mon Apr 12 17:46:15 EDT 2004

In real life divide NPE performance by 2, add access list -
again divide by 2, add rate-limit - divide again.

I dont know about NPE-G1, but NPE-300 made boo-boo at about
30K pps of constant load. At DoS time router was simply stunned.
NPE-225 equipped routers begin to lag a lot at ~9K pps.

Imho, NPE-G1 (together with 7200 platform) is a dead end these
days. Of course, I'm speaking about border router application.

br
--
Konstantin Barinov
INFONET AS, Tallinn, Estonia