FW: [nsp] NetFlow not exporting?

Bruce Pinsky bep at whack.org
Fri Apr 16 17:01:47 EDT 2004

Andy Webster wrote:

| hi,
| 	I am curious.  I have never seen the ip flow ingress command
| when doing netflow before.  When I look it up on cisco's website it says
| this command is for use on subinterfaces.  What is it doing on the main
| interface in this example?
| 	  So is cisco's website wrong?  (that wouldn't surprise me!)  If
| cisco's docs are wrong can someone help me out.  What is "ip flow
| ingress" really doing?
|
| From
| http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5187/products_command_
| reference_chapter09186a008017cf29.html#wp1101595
|
| ip flow ingress
| To configure NetFlow on a subinterface, use the ip flow ingress command
| in subinterface configuration mode. To disable NetFlow on a
| subinterface, use the no form of this command.
|
| ip flow ingress
|
| no ip flow ingress
|
| Syntax Description
| This command has no arguments or keywords.
|
| Defaults
| This command is disabled by default.
|
| Command Modes
| Subinterface configuration

If I recall, there was a move to provide a more consistent and intuitive
configuration method for Netflow and part of that was to move the
configuration on interfaces out from under the "ip route-cache" parse chain.

I just checked a couple of routers and it is definitely available on main
interfaces as well as subinterfaces:

3725-1#sh ver
IOS (tm) 3700 Software (C3725-IS-M), Version 12.2(15)T11,  RELEASE SOFTWARE
(fc2)
3725-1(config)#int fa 0/1
3725-1(config-if)#ip flow ?
~  ingress  Enable inbound NetFlow

7200-1#sh ver
IOS (tm) 7200 Software (C7200-IS-M), Version 12.3(3), RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2)
7200-1(config)#int s 2/0
7200-1(config-if)#ip flow ?