[nsp] Source of 7200 flash card?

Matti Saarinen mjs at cc.tut.fi
Wed Apr 21 06:02:20 EDT 2004

Jared Mauch <jared at puck.nether.net> writes:

> On Tue, Apr 20, 2004 at 01:24:07PM -0400, Mark E. Mallett wrote:
>
>> Can anyone recommend a source for flash disk/card for one of the slots
>> on a 7200?
>
> 	just get a compact flash and CF <-> PCMCIA adaptor.
>
> 	Cisco doesn't officially support it, but it'll work.

 Well, it depends. I have here two old 7206s on which the compact
 flash cards worked with the adapter. The suddenly every operation
 tried on the flash card crashed the router. It was sufficient just to
 insert the cf+adapter into the PCMCIA slot.

 I was using 32 MB cards. I've been told that I'm not the only one who
 has had problems with 32 MB compact flash cards.

--
- Matti -