[nsp] permit vty ssh, no telnet for some users ?

Richard Danielli richard.danielli at esubnet.com
Mon Apr 26 21:31:05 EDT 2004

Although we all seem to agree that simply using SSH is the way to go, here
is another possible solution - but it is a real stretch on practicality

Feed the connectivity for access through another router with user based ACLs
sourced from a radius server thus providing the username discrimination you
are looking for.  Of course the end point infrastructure box needs to have
ACLs allowing only certain access from the MAC address of the
non-infrastructure box. I would say this is a kludge not a solution as the
number of single points of failure or the cost of deployment seems
prohibitive - IMHO

Best of luck...

-rd-

--