[nsp] permit vty ssh, no telnet for some users ?

Bruce Pinsky bep at whack.org
Tue Apr 27 13:25:12 EDT 2004

Sam Munzani wrote:
> Very interesting approach.

In the absence of an ability to pass the transport type to the AAA server
for authorization, this is about the best I can think of.  If such an
ability existed, even if the person was authenticated, you could reject
them for using an unauthorized transport method.

One other point.  In my example, I said two instances of a TAC+ server.
That need be the only scenario.  Certainly you could use a combination of
TAC+ and RADIUS, TAC+ and Local user, etc, etc.  The only combo that would
not work would be to have both named methods use Local usernames since
there is no concept of a "local user group" as there is with a server group.

=========
bep