[nsp] Cisco Cat3750 IPv6

jlewis at lewis.org jlewis at lewis.org
Wed Apr 28 18:33:23 EDT 2004

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004, Blaz Zupan wrote:

> > We're moving all our Riverstone boxes out to the edges, where they can
> > do pure L2 and be reasonably happy.
>
> So based on this discussion I conclude that the collective wisdom is that L3
> switches suck. Cisco sucks, Extreme sucks, Foundry sucks, Riverstone sucks. Is
> there anything else out there?

Maybe I haven't been using them long enough to really hate them yet, but
I've got a bunch of cisco 3550's being used as L2/L3 switches and my only
serious complaint is that that uRPF can be configured, but doesn't
actually do anything.

A while back, we bought some L2 switches from Dell that I've been told may
be Dell badged Extreme Summit48si's (I have no idea if they really are),
and they suck in that the telnet CLI tends to just "go away" requiring a
reboot if you want to get in and mess with the CLI.