[nsp] 2950-24 Rate-limit

Sven Huster sven at huster.me.uk
Fri Apr 30 12:30:55 EDT 2004

On Fri, Apr 30, 2004 at 10:44:58AM -0500, info at beprojects.com wrote:
> Does anybody know if there is a way to rate-limit a port on a 2950-24 (or
> 2950-12, both of which have the SI image only)?  I looked through the docs
> and don't see anything and it doesn't appear to support the "rate-limit"
> command.  I want to be able to lock a user down to 512,000bps and I prefer
> not to do it on the upstream router.

Have a look at
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps628/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008007ebfe.html#1045516

You'll have to check whether that applies to the SI image as well, though.

It might not be what you want as this policing feature might give you quite
some performance hit on TCP communication.
Given a 50Mb/s limit I was only able to achieve 5-10Mb/s max in the past IIRC

Sven