[nsp] High CPU question (update)

Lupi, Guy Guy.Lupi at eurekanetworks.net
Fri Apr 30 15:52:35 EDT 2004

I had a client that was using the 7206VXR w/NPE-G1, almost all traffic was
small UDP packets (VoIP), once they got above a certain amount of bandwidth
(not sure how much) the router couldn't handle the pps load.  I wasn't
involved through the whole troubleshooting process but it turned out that
Cisco told them that the 7206 couldn't handle the pps they were trying to
push, on Cisco's recommendation they went to the 7600 series and have had no
problems since.