[c-nsp] BGP, RIP and default routes advice

Sam Stickland sam_ml at spacething.org
Thu Aug 5 09:02:12 EDT 2004

Is there an RIP equivalent of BGP's 'neighbor default-originate'?

(
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios123/123cgcr/iprrp_r/ip2_n1g.htm#wp1037042
)

In fact, a quick google search has just shown me that there is :)

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios120/12cgcr/np1_r/1rprt1/1rrip.htm#1017420

Looks like this ought to do the trick:

router rip
  default-information originate

If it works like the bgp default-originate there's no need to have a
default route on the borders for this to work.

Sam