[c-nsp] Unicast RPF check in 3550/3750

Mark Boolootian booloo at ucsc.edu
Fri Aug 6 14:51:01 EDT 2004

> 	Does anyone know if/when the 3550 or 3750 for that matter, will
> formally support unicast RPF check (ip verify unicast reverse-path...)?

Can't speak to the 3750, but after querying TAC about uRPF for the
3550 last November, I got this response:

  uRPF (unicast Reverse Path Forwarding) is and will most likely never be
  supported on the cat3550. As you have seen, it can be configured but this
  comes from the fact that this is due to the fact that the command is
  available in the generic IOS code. But that does not mean that is is
  supported.

We'd love to hear different, but it doesn't appear likely.

mb