[c-nsp] PVLAN and Port Security on Cat6500

Rubens Kuhl Jr. rubens at email.com
Tue Aug 10 12:43:27 EDT 2004

Doing "switchport mode access" before applying port security takes the port out of pvlan mode, so port-security works then, but not on pvlan mode.

This is what happens when a pvlan configured port receives a port-security command:

switch(config-if)# switchport port-security
Command rejected: Gix/y not an access port.

This is what happens when a port-security configured port receives a pvlan command:

switch(config-if)#switchport mode private-vlan promiscuous
Command rejected: Gix/y is Port Security enabled port.

Rubens

| Hi all.
|
| I'm trying to configure a port to be a pvlan port with port security,
| but the switch(Cat 6500, Sup 720, IOS 12.2SX) is refusing the
| configuration. If port-security is enabled prior to entering a
| "switchport mode private-vlan host", it complains about port security.
| If private-vlan host is configured and then one tries to apply port
| security to it, it complains that the port is not an access port.
|
| I've found no mention on configuration guides or release notes that this
| mix (pvlan and port security) is not supported... any ideas ?

Maybe a silly question, but did you try doing "switchport mode access"
before applying the port security?

- --
=========
bep