[c-nsp] AS5300 + RADIUS - IP Address Assignment

Ryan O'Connell ryan at complicity.co.uk
Wed Aug 11 17:54:38 EDT 2004

Mark Tinka wrote:

>I have a situation where 2 providers, ISP A and ISP B are sharing a single
>AS5300.
>
>Both ISP's have their own circuits to their upstreams, and even though both
>their customers would be dialing the same NAS, they don't want one ISP to
>provide the Internet connectivity for both sets of customers.

[snip]

Even if you find a way of doing this, it won't do what you want because
IP address assignments can only influence inbound traffic - you would
also need to make the outbound traffic go via the correct route.

If each ISP has their own T1/E1 to the AS5300, you could possibly put
each one in it's own VRF - I have no idea if the AS5300 suppots VRFs
however. Another alternative is to tunnel the calls over L2TP to
seperate routers for each ISP... again, no idea if the AS5300 can do
that but it's starting to get into the kind of sutuation where you might
as well just buy another AS5300.

--
         Ryan O'Connell - CCIE #8174
<ryan at complicity.co.uk> - http://www.complicity.co.uk

I'm not losing my mind, no I'm not changing my lines,
I'm just learning new things with the passage of time