[c-nsp] AS5300 + RADIUS - IP Address Assignment

Mark Tinka mtinka at africaonline.co.sz
Thu Aug 12 03:27:24 EDT 2004

On Wednesday 11 August 2004 23:54, Ryan O'Connell wrote:

> Even if you find a way of doing this, it won't do what you want because
> IP address assignments can only influence inbound traffic -

This is mostly the reason for this scenario, to ensure inbound traffic for ISP
B's customers comes in via ISP B's service.

> you would
> also need to make the outbound traffic go via the correct route.

Easy, route-map with a next-hop gateway of ISP B's router.

> If each ISP has their own T1/E1 to the AS5300, you could possibly put
> each one in it's own VRF - I have no idea if the AS5300 suppots VRFs
> however. Another alternative is to tunnel the calls over L2TP to
> seperate routers for each ISP... again, no idea if the AS5300 can do
> that but it's starting to get into the kind of sutuation where you might
> as well just buy another AS5300.

Actually, I received a very helpful response yesterday from someone on the
list, and the solution is the cisco-avpair = "ip:addr-pool=<name>" attribute
in RADIUS.

Mark.